Module 1: History and Legal Landscape
Early Cannabis History and South African Cannabis History
Overview of South African Cannabis Laws and Regulations
Module 2: The Discovery of the Endocannabinoid System
Discovering the Endocannabinoid System
The Endocannabinoid System: The Body’s Supercomputer
Why the Endocannabinoid System is Not Taught in Medical School
Module 3: The Endocannabinoid System
The Endocannabinoid System (ECS)
How Cannabinoids Attach to Receptors
Module 4: Cannabinoids and Terpenes
The Entourage Effect
Module 5: Studies on Therapeutic Uses
Anxiety Disorders | Cancer | Epilepsy | Gastrointestinal Disorders
Sleep Disorders | Migraine Headaches | Neurodegenerative Disorders | Pain | PTSD
Module 6: Cannabis and Opioids in Chronic Pain Treatment
Pain Management Today
Cannabis and Opioids
Marijuana Use Disorder
Module 7: Side Effects and Chronic Effects
Effects of consumption of Marijuana and Marijuana Products
Cannabis Side Effects and Warnings
Health Effects of Marijuana Abuse
After completing this course, the learner should be better able to:
- Discuss medical cannabis with a their patients to determine if cannabinoids should be included in their treatment plan.
- Interpret the legal context in which cannabis can be discussed with a patient. Compare and relate the historical medicinal uses of cannabis to modern resurgence in patient use of medical cannabis. Explain why there has been a lack of clinical studies due to Schedule I classification of cannabis.
- Summarise and explain the discovery of the Endocannabinoid System and how its discovery has led to further research into how cannabinoids interact with the receptors. Summarise the function of the Endocannabinoid System in the regulation of the body through a vast network of receptors involved in maintaining homeostasis, neuroprotection, and other regulatory functions.
- Discuss and interpret how cannabinoids and terpenes affect the Endocannabinoid receptor system.
- Assess pros and cons of cannabinoids and their effects on the symptoms of ailments such as anxiety, chronic pain, epilepsy, gastrointestinal disorders, neurodegenerative illnesses, post-traumatic stress and migraines.
- Evaluate the current research studies regarding opioids versus cannabinoids in the treatment of the symptoms of chronic pain.
- Discuss side effects and contraindications of medicinal cannabis and safety concerns with its use.
- Identify signs of abuse, misuse and chronic effects of cannabis use
South African Accreditation
This course has been accredited with the Health Professions Council of South Africa for CPD points (Continued Professional Development) under HPCSA accreditation number - MDB001/016/08/2020.
Accreditation Level 1: 8 CPD points with a pass mark of 70% or above.
This course has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) in the US.
The course is an online self-learning activity with an estimated time to complete the activity of 10 hours
Join Cheeba Africa for "An Elevated Cannabis Experience".
© 2023 Cheeba Cannabis Academy.
Powered by Shopify