Next course start dates:
Dean Van Schalkwyk (JHB & CPT): Dean is the Director of Marijuana SA, one of South Africa's premier grow stores. He has been growing for over 10 years and is a subject matter expert in Cannabis growing with deep knowledge on indoor home growing and the equipment needed. He also co-hosts a successful show on Marijuana SA’s Youtube channel with his hombre Andrew Forte.
Cuban Zulu (JHB only) aka Kwanda Mtetwa: Cuban Zulu is a connoisseur grower based in Johannesburg who is building a reputation as one of South Africa’s finest quality boutique growers. He has traveled extensively learning from some of the world's finest growers and brings this expansive knowledge to the course.
- Getting started - Why do I want to grow and what are the considerations ?
- Industry overview (understanding how growing Cannabis fits into the Cannabis industry value chain)
- Understand the Cannabis plants chemistry, how it interacts with our bodies and its benefits
- Genetics and strain selection
- An overview of the apparatus needed
- Grow methods and mediums
- Light cycles and lighting
- Growing outdoors (introduction)
The Growth Cycle:
- How to successfully germinate your seeds
- The different stages of the Cannabis plants growth
- The early vegetation cycle and tricks and tips to ensure you are on the right track to growing healthy plants
- Nutrients and grow mediums
- Doctors corner - disease control, preventative measures and treatment
- How to clone and why we do it
- Maintenance and training techniques
- Flowering tips and tricks
- Trichomes and understand when you are ready to harvest
- Harvesting, trimming, curing and storage
- An introduction to extraction and testing