Next course start dates for 2023:
Darian Jacobs aka Daz has been a Cannabis farmer since 2010 specialising in organic Cannabis cultivation and solventless Cannabis extraction methods. He is a long time advocate for the benefits of Cannabis as a medicine after recovering from a diabetic coma. His extensive Cannabis cultivation experience led him to a love of sharing his knowledge to ensure others can gain insight into Cannabis and Hemp cultivation and the benefits of consuming Cannabis safely with minimal environmental impact. He is just green through and through.
Mikael Dufresne aka The Green Munchkin:
Originally from Switzerland, Mikael has been growing mostly indoor for over 10 years. He has a special interest in soil and is in constant search for better answers to the question 'How can we team up with nature in order to grow the most beautiful plant while regenerating our soil?'
- Getting started - Why do I want to grow and what are the considerations ?
- Industry overview (understanding how growing Cannabis fits into the Cannabis industry value chain)
- Understand the Cannabis plants chemistry, how it interacts with our bodies and its benefits
- Genetics and strain selection
- An overview of the apparatus needed
- Grow methods and mediums
- Light cycles and lighting
- Growing outdoors (introduction)
The Growth Cycle:
- How to successfully germinate your seeds
- The different stages of the Cannabis plants growth
- The early vegetation cycle and tricks and tips to ensure you are on the right track to growing healthy plants
- Nutrients and grow mediums
- Doctors corner - disease control, preventative measures and treatment
- How to clone and why we do it
- Maintenance and training techniques
- Flowering tips and tricks
- Trichomes and understand when you are ready to harvest
- Harvesting, trimming, curing and storage
- An introduction to extraction and testing