Growing your own Cannabis is one of the most rewarding experiences you can have. It is one thing to grow a tomato and eat it, but it is a whole other level when you grow your own bud that can enhance your personal wellness and take you to a higher dimension, pun intended. Not that we are putting tomatoes down, we love to grow those too :-).
This course is designed for budding home growers who have some experience with growing Cannabis and aspiring growers who have not started yet but are keen to give it a try. You will be given a brief overview of the Cannabis industry and how it works, taken through the plant’s growth cycle from “seed to harvest” and be introduced to all the apparatus needed to optimise your grow.
On completion of this course you will have a fundamental understanding how to successfully grow Cannabis indoors at home, how growing Cannabis fits into the Cannabis supply chain and how Cannabis works with our bodies. You will receive a certificate of attendance on completion of the course.
The course is facilitated Cuban Zulu a top indoor home grower:
Cuban Zulu aka Kwanda Mtetwa: Cuban Zulu is a connoisseur grower based in Johannesburg who is building a reputation as one of South Africa’s finest quality boutique growers. He has traveled extensively learning from some of the world's finest growers and brings this expansive knowledge to the course.
- Getting started - Why do I want to grow and what are the considerations ?
- Industry overview (understanding how growing Cannabis fits into the Cannabis industry value chain)
- Understand the Cannabis plants chemistry, how it interacts with our bodies and its benefits
- Genetics and strain selection
- An overview of the apparatus needed
- Grow methods and mediums
- Light cycles and lighting
- Growing outdoors (introduction)
The Growth Cycle:
- How to successfully germinate your seeds
- The different stages of the Cannabis plants growth
- The early vegetation cycle and tricks and tips to ensure you are on the right track to growing healthy plants
- Nutrients and grow mediums
- Doctors corner - disease control, preventative measures and treatment
- How to clone and why we do it
- Maintenance and training techniques
- Flowering tips and tricks
- Trichomes and understand when you are ready to harvest
- Harvesting, trimming, curing and storage
- An introduction to extraction and testing
JOHANNESBURG COURSE (1 day):
This is not just a course, this is an immersive experience that takes place at our beautiful campus in Vereeniging 40 mins from the JHB CBD.
The course starts at 9:30am and includes:
- Lunch, dinner (all dietary requirements catered for)
- One hour sundowner boat cruise on the Vaal River
- A T-shirt
- A certificate of attendance
This course will give you the opportunity to expand your network with fellow growers and facilitate peer to peer knowledge exchange.
Our campus is fully Covid-19 compliant.
For updates on our courses please join our mailing list